Chapter 1 W.
Anthropologist Edward Green offers here a highly readable contribution to medical and applied anthropology. Based on over twenty-five years of fieldwork and development assistance in Africa, Southeast Asia and other regions, the author of the authoritative sourcebook STD and AIDS in Africa deepens his examination of indigenous healing and disease prevention strategies.
- Autumn Leaves.
- The Wild Wood (The Sevens Book 1).
- How to Cook Desserts Fast and Easy (My Kitchen: Simply the Best Recipes: How to Cook Desserts Fast and Easy Book 7).
- Indigenous medicine and biomedical health care in fragile settings: insights from Burundi.;
- Collections Search Results.
Anthropologists and other readers interested in the evolutionary and other bio-cultural underpinnings of indigenous systems ofcontagious illness will find the book's theoretical reflections, summarized in the final chapter, especially thought-provoking Halperin Edward C. Overall, this book appears to be geared towards those who have little or noknowledge of social explanatons of illnessses or of layman beliefs.
The author does manage to convey quite successfullly the details of indigenous medical explanations in a langauge that is easily accessible.
- Indigenous Theories of Contagious Disease - Edward Crocker Green - Google книги!
- THE ANTHROPOLOGY OF ILLNESS AND HEALTH.
- BEFORE YOU SAY I DO (A First Lesbian Sex erotica story) (Wedding Sex);
- See a Problem?!
This book is a good introduction to the area for undergraduate social scientists, health professionals and the general public I would recommend Indigenous Theories of Contagious Disease to medical anthropologists and the others who are interested in the bio-socio-cultural and historical underpinnings of ICTs, as well as to anyone with a concern for indigenous knowledge and development Table of Contents.
Name of resource.
Problem URL. Describe the connection issue.
2 Poor hygiene and disease
SearchWorks Catalog Stanford Libraries. Understanding and applying medical anthropology. Responsibility [compiled by] Peter J. Imprint Mountain View, Calif.
- Customer-Oriented Marketing Strategy: Theory and Practice.
- Globalization and disease.
- Indigenous Theories Of Contagious Disease Green Edward C!
- Indigenous theories of contagious disease - Edward C. Green - Google книги.
- T.I.M.E.D.R.I.V.E. : Telescopic Infrared Multilaser Enhancing Delta Ray Integrated Video Emitter.
- Ants and Elephants.
Physical description xii, p. Online Available online. Full view. Green Library. U54 Unknown.
Collections Search Results | National Museum of American History
More options. Find it at other libraries via WorldCat Limited preview. Contributor Brown, Peter J. Bibliography Includes bibliographical references and index.